Anyway. Buffalo Chicken. For me it started as a dip. Then there were the wings. THEN there was the pizza. AND THEN (no "and then"! <--- name that movie!) there was the
- 3/4 pound of rotini pasta
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound of chicken breasts
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of your-choice Buffalo Sauce (depending on your spice tolerance), plus a little more for drizzling later on
- 2 - 8 oz bags of shredded mozzarella cheese (that sounds so much better than saying 1 pound of cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 package of chunky blue cheese
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Cook the pasta as per the package instructions, drain, and set aside.
Chop the chicken into small cubes and season with salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil, and add the chicken. When the chicken is just about cooked, add the chopped scallions and the buffalo sauce. Stir to combine, and turn off the heat once the chicken has finished cooking.
In a large baking dish, add a thin layer of pasta (around 2 cups) and top with a large handful of mozzarella cheese. Add some of the blue cheese chunks on top and half of the chicken mixture. Top with another thin layer of pasta, mozzarella, and blue cheese. Add the last half of the chicken mixture, and the remaining mozzarella and blue cheese.