Sunday I did my usual food shop for the week and they had the most beautifulest peppers, and I was all "stuffed peppers please-aaaa".
What you will need to make 2:
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 red and 1 green because I am an equal opportunity pepper consumer)
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 package of ground turkey meat (I used Jennie-O)
- 3 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup - 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of black beans
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese for sprinkling
Cook the quinoa as per the package instructions, and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
In a large frying pan, season the turkey meat with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Add the tomato paste and quinoa, and stir to combine. Slowly add in the vegetable broth. Cover the pan and let simmer, allowing the broth to absorb into the mixture, about 10 minutes. When almost all of the broth has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the beans, scallions, and a handful of the shredded cheese.
Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the cores. Fill each pepper with the mixture and top with more cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or longer if you like your peppers a little softer.