Monday, July 27, 2015

Fried Zucchini

In an effort to demonstrate some self control last night, I told myself that before I could have ice cream, I needed to eat some sort of vegetable.  I had a bridal shower earlier in the afternoon and lunch was a little late, so I wasn't in the mood for a full meal - just a little snackie.

These little nuggets take about 30 seconds to make and only a few ingredients.  By  the way, does it count as a vegetable if they're fried?

Yes.  The answer is yes.


What you will need to serve 2:

  • 2 zucchinis
  • Salt, pepper and garlic for seasoning
  • Olive oil
Cut the zucchinis into 1/4 inch slices.  In a nonstick pan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil, and allow to heat for about 30 seconds.  Lay the slices down in an even layer, and season with the salt, pepper and garlic.  Allow to cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown, then flip, seasoning the other side.  You may need to cook the zucchini in batches depending on the size of your slices.

Serve immediately.



See?! Super Simple Stupid.  Now go have some ice cream!



Xoxo

Jillian


No comments:

Post a Comment