Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mexican Turkey Burgers

I've got burgers on the brizzaiinn!

I experienced NYC's Smorgasburg on Saturday and tried the famous Ramen Burger.  The "buns" are ramen noodles, magically shaped into burger buns.  Then they've got their seasoned beef patties, barbecue sauce, and arugula.  And because I'm an animal, I inhaled mine and THEN was like "oh yeah, I probz should have taken a pic".

HERE is their website

Nom nom nom nom nommmm

We also tried Milk Truck, which makes Grilled Cheese.  All day.  Erryday.  Other stuff too.  But mainly the grilled cheese.  I'm moving in tomorrow.



I feel like this summer has been about taking my "summer staples" (Guac, black beans, cheese, etc.) and constructing them in different ways (i.e quesadillas, pizza, omelettes, etc.), and yesterdayyy I did the burger.

Ground turkey, some stuff, pan fried (again, I cannot use a grill) and burgerfied.


What you will need to make 6:
  • 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup of black beans
  • 1/4 cup of corn
  • 1/4 cup of chopped spinach
  • 2 plump scallions (or 3 if they are skinny)
  • 1 egg
  • Olive oil
  • Guacamole
  • Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
  • Salsa
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, the beans, corn, spinach, and scallions.  Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then add to the mixture, folding to combine.

Using a large spoon, form the mixture into patties the size of your palm.  Line up on a baking sheet, then refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to help them firm up.

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil on a nonstick pan.  Fry the patties in batches, and set aside, covering so that they do not get cold.

To assemble the burger, SMOTHER the inside of the top bun with Guacamole and add the salsa.  On the other half, add the patty and cheese.

Slowly cut in half with a serrated knife  to a) make sure the patty is fully cooked (*wink) and b) look at all the colorsss.



THE END!

Another highlight of the weekend: The Season 6 Walking Dead trailer is outtttttt!!!  I am not even going to try and analyze it.  I am already refilling my blood pressure meds ;)





Xoxo

Jillian























No comments:

Post a Comment