Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Baking with my BFF

Christmastime = Baking time, so this past weekend my best friend and I (or Biff, as I like to call her) decided to get our bake on.  She baked Eggnog Cheesecake (from scratch!), and I baked some cake mix cookies (not from scratch!).  We used her mom's brand-sort-of-spanking-new kitchen appliances that are so beautiful I drool every time I go over her house.  Here is her stove top situation.

Isn't she looovellyyyyy?
Alrighty, so CAKE MIX COOKIES!  They are so easy to make and so delicious and are the perfect last-minute dessert.  You will need the following:

1. One box of cake mix.  This time I used Vanilla cake mix.
2. 2 Eggs
3. 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
Combine all of the ingredients, first with a whisk, then with a rubber spatula until everything forms into a doughy consistency.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or spray with Pam.  Shape the cookies into little balls (I actually prefer medium sized balls *wink*) and line 'em up.  Once the balls were ready to go I pressed the middle of each ball with a fork to make it pretty and then added some red and green sprinkles for some holiday cheer :)


Bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!  Easy peasy, right?

Buddy the Elf would be proud.


Onto Biff's Eggnog Cheesecake.  You can find the full recipe here!  Thanks Martha!

I have to say, I am quite proud of my girl.  She owned that cheesecake recipe and made it her betch ;-)

Here is a condensed version of this recipe:

Crush the graham crackers, mix with melted butter and smush (there's that word again!) into an 8-inch cake pan, like so:


Next, mix the cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Add the sugar, eggs, yolk, eggnog, flour, brandy (Biff added too much - whoops!- and we got a little tipsy..I'm sort of kidding), vanilla, nutmeg, and salt, and  mix until combined. Pour the mixture over the crust.



Place the pan in a roasting pan, adding enough hot water to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the pan from the roasting pan and let cool.  Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 3 hours.


#Stuffingmyface

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is chewing loud for all to hear.  That's the line right?


<3  Jillian





No comments:

Post a Comment