Monday, December 1, 2014

Food Hangover


Hi!

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday!  Mine was filled with eating, eating and more eating, and may have involved me getting rolled out of my house into my car to eat some more at my aunt's house.  It hurt so good.  ANYWAY today I would like to share with you a post-Thanksgiving food hangover remedy that involves a teeny bit of leftovers.

But first, let me tell you the story of my failed juice cleanse.  I have been wanting to attempt a juice cleanse for some time, but every time I would go to purchase this one-day cleanse at Whole Foods, I would "accidentally" walk past the dessert section and realize that I LOVE FOOD AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT! Glad I got that off my chest.  Anyway - so after Thursday's Thanksgiving and Friday's Friendsgiving (that, by the way, involved lasagna, garlic bread and venison), I woke up feeling quite atrocious and thought "OK!  Today is the day!  I will cleanse myself clean and I will like it!"
So I go to Whole Foods, buy the cleanse, and joyfully begin to down the first of 6 juices.  The remainder of the cleanse went like this:

12PM: Left Whole Foods and began drinking juice 1 of 6, which was a delicious green juice

12:30PM: Parked my bum on the couch with Cooking Channel blaring and 300 open tabs of my favorite food blogs (smart, right?)

1PM: Finished juice #1.  "OMG I can, like, totally do this"

2PM: Started juice #2, which was a pineapple, mint and something-else mix.  Not too bad.  I am on a roll here people!  I am going to kick this cleanse's ASS!

2:30PM: I am hungry.

2:35PM: Wow that Pho that Hayley Duff is making looks fantastic!

2:45PM: I'M SO HUNGRY I'M GUNNA DIE!!!!

2:55PM:  Cleanse over.  Eating an omelette with spinach

Juice Cleanse: 1     Jillian: 0


I regret nothing.


For my food hangover cure I did a little thang called Leftover Turkey Fried Rice.  This recipe is meant to serve 1, so double or triple up if you are feeding yourself and some homies.

Leftovers Utilized:
-White Rice (from the previous night's Chinese order)
-Turkey

Other Items Utilized:
Sesame oil - just enough to coat the pan
4 scallions, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1/2 cup of shelled edamame (I had some frozen in the fridge)
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 cup of chopped leftover turkey
1 scrambled egg
1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice (give or take, depending on how you enjoy your rice to veggie ratio)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce - this is just a guestimate, as I usually put just enough in to coat the rice

Coat the bottom of your pan with the sesame oil and once the pan is heated, toss in the scallions, letting them get a little brown.  Toss in the carrots and edamame, allowing them to cook (about 5-10 minutes).  Once the carrots and edamame are cooked, toss in the garlic and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.  Add the turkey and cook just so that it warms in the pan.

In a separate pan, scramble the egg until firm, and add to the other ingredients.

Mix in the rice and soy sauce with errythang else and enjoy!



Have a great week!!




Jillian




















No comments:

Post a Comment