Friday, December 12, 2014

Brunch for Dinner

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I love breakfast.  I love breakfast so much that after I have breakfast, I have breakfast for lunch!  Sometimes I even have breakfast for dinner!  Breakfast for dinner was probably my favorite night at the dining hall in college because they would have eggs and bacon and cheese things and omg they have breakfast SANDWICHES tonight and ugh I need cereal to top off that breakfast pizza yummmm #hellofreshman15.  I. Cannot. Get. Enough.



The other night I finished taking my final and was not in the mood for a "normal" dinner, i.e chicken and tomatoes (although it did look delish), so I opted for...wait for it........breakfast!  I have come to adore the plain, extra fluffy frozen waffles because they are a blank canvas.  You can add whatever you want to them and it will be amazing.  



On this particular evening I was in the mood for a waffle with spinach and a fried egg.  Simple, simple, simple.  You will need (for a serving of 1):

1. One plain, extra fluffy frozen waffle (none of that whole grain/whole wheat crap - THERE, I SAID IT!)
2. One handful of spinach
3. One fried egg
4. Salt and Pepper

Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on a medium flame.  Let the pan heat up for about a minute, then crack the egg into the pan.  When the egg whites begin to cook, cover the frying pan to finish the whites, but keep a close eye on the egg so that the yolk doesn't cook all the way through.



Pop your waffle into your toasting device, toasting to your heart's desire.

When the egg is done cooking, turn the stove off and remove the pan from the heat.

After your waffle is done, put it on your plate and top with the spinach and fried egg.



Add salt and pepper to taste and BAM! you have a plate of some classy-looking breakfast deliciousness.

I love how the fried egg cooks the spinach for a hot second (literally!).



Have a wonderful weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment