Monday, February 23, 2015

Chicken, Guac and Bacon Bagels

Hi there!  It seems like it has been so long since I last shoved food into your eyes.  Here we are again :)

Last week was a short one.  Off on Monday, 3 days of work and then I took the day off on Friday.  A bunch of us went to PA to ski Big Bear Mountain, and it was a ton of fun, minus the -7 degree weather on the mountain, that is.  Take away the frostbite and it was a really great weekend.  We went skiing, then quadding, relaxed at the house, ate, cooked, ate some more, consumed alcohol, and learned some interesting things about each other through a game of Kings.  Heehee.



We bought waaaay too much food, which is really ok with me since I would rather have too much food than have everyone go all Terminus on each other (Google it, non-Walking Dead people, then get on the train).  Needless to say I have a surplus of items back in my custody, such as:

  • A Costco-sized Wholly Guacamole serving
  • 3 bags of Thomas' bagels
  • A wide assortment of chips
  • About 50 eggs
  • A 32oz bag of Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend cheese (mwahahaha)
I feel like I have alllll the food.  My horizons are endless, as are the carbs.


I really should have gone on the lighter side with this dish seeing how I ate and ate and ate all weekend long, but life is short, so stuff your face.

These are a few of my favorite things, so I put them together to make something ah-mayz-ing: Chicken, Guac and Bacon Bagels.  
  • Bagels (#isbutteracarb?)
  • Guacamole
  • Chicken
  • Bacon (obvi)
  • Cheese (double obvi)
What you will need to serve one:
  • 1 plain bagel (I used the Thomas' brand), toasted
  • A few tablespoons of guacamole, enough to coat the bagel
  • Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend cheese, for sprinkling
  • 1 cup of cooked and chopped chicken (seasoned with seasoned salt, such as Lawry's)
  • 2 slices of bacon, cooked

Season the chicken and cook in a pan over medium heat.  When finished, chop, then cover to keep warm.  In a separate pan, cook the bacon and set aside.


Toast the bagel to your heart's desire.  Spread the guacamole onto the bagel, then sprinkle the cheese.  Top with the chicken, and crumble the bacon over the bagel.



Literally.  Can't.  Even. 


Xoxo

Jillian













No comments:

Post a Comment