Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Crazy Lady Nachos

What do you call cheese that's not yours?

Mine.

Duh.

What'd you think I was going to say?

As you guys may know from my last post, last weekend we went skiing and bought too much food.  Boo freaking hoo.  Not really.  I have left over stuff up the wazoo and it has just left me with intense inspiration (not to be confused with pinsperation.....or perspiration.  Ignore me).


I had all of the intentions in the world on this day to make my boo baked chicken and veggies, but *TMI ALERT* my Aunt Flo decided to visit (that betch) and any thought of regular food went out the window.

As I was stuffing my face with some Wholly Guacamole and chips, I was like HOLD UP.  I recalled the 32 oz bag of cheese that went unopened, the scallions, the bacon and omggg Aunt Flo can suck it.


This recipe will feed 2 or 3 people.  Or if YOUR Aunt Flo is in town, just you.

What you will need:
  • 7-10 slices of bacon
  • 3 small chicken breasts
  • 5 scallions
  • Cheese
  • Tortilla Chips

Preheat your oven to 350.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a frying pan with some olive oil.  In a separate pan, cook the bacon.

When the chicken and bacon are done, set aside on a few paper towels to absorb any excess oil, then chop.

Chop your scallions and set aside in a small bowl.


I wanted 2 layers of nacho-ness, so I divided the chicken, bacon and scallions in half.

In a baking dish, spread the first layer of Tortilla Chips and top with a thick layer of cheese, and half of the chicken, bacon and scallions.  Add on the second chip layer, followed by more cheese, then the other half of the chicken, bacon and scallions.


Pop the nachos in the over for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. 



Oh yeah - and add some Guac on the side :)














Enjoyyy!!


Xoxo

Jillian







No comments:

Post a Comment