Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Day Chocolate Bark

If I told you that I really didn't care for Valentine's Day, I would be sort-of lying.  I mean, I'm all for candy, going to dinner, getting/giving a small gift (or two), but it's really not that different from the other 364 days of the year.  Valentine's Day is nice, but I get most excited for the Valentine's Day themed food.  Heart-shaped Reese's are da bomb.  Heart-shaped ravioli are delish.  Red, pink and white M&M's - so pretty.




My intention for this dessert was to make a chocolate bark with a graham cracker crumb crust.  However, since I am a person that cannot have nice things, I ended up with chocolate bark/graham cracker crumb combo.  I made the graham cracker crust, and was in the middle of pouring the melted chocolate over it, when the bowl slipped out of my hand and onto the crust.


Shit.

Sooooo I did my best to spread the chocolate and graham cracker together, added the M&M'S and pretzels, and tossed 'er in the freezer to set.


After about 10 minutes, I took the pan out of the freezer and drizzled melted white chocolate on top of the bark, and put it back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.



Then I proceeded to break apart and consume, without further damage. 



Nom.  


This recipe will serve 5-10 depending on the size of the bark pieces:
  • 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
  • 5 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 cups of milk chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 bag of Peanut M&M's
  • 1 handful of small pretzels, broken into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips

Cover a baking pan with wax paper.

In a small bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs.  Melt the butter and sugar on the stove over medium heat, and add to the graham cracker crumbs.  Stir to combine.  Pour the graham cracker mixture onto the middle of the pan, and press down to create an even layer.  Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, or over a double boiler.  Pour the chocolate over the graham cracker crust, and spread evenly using an offset spatula.  The graham cracker crumbs will likely mix into the chocolate, which is fine.

Top with the M&M's and pretzels, and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.

When the 10 minutes are up, melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals, and drizzle over the pan.  Put the pan back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.  

When the white chocolate is firm, break apart and serve.


Clumsiness at it's finest, people.




Xoxo

Jillian









2 comments:

  1. I SERIOUSLY need to make Valentine's Day chocolate bark. I have never even made chocolate bark period! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You need to get on the chocolate bark train! I love how you can add basically anything to it! Thanks for reading!! :)

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete