Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Easy Roasted Potatoes

Can someone please turn off the snow machine?  This is getting a little ridiculous.  My car can't take this anymore and neither can my anxiety.  I'm pretty sure I aged 5 years on Sunday, when I drove home in what was only supposed to be 3 inches of snow from my girlfriend's baby shower.  The trip normally takes between an hour and an hour and a half, but it took me just about 4 hours.  And I had to pee for 2.5 of them.  Not cool.  I am extremely jealous of my mom, who is in New Orleans for a few days with her girlfriends, just for S's and G's (shits and giggles for those of you who aren't used to my abbreviations by now heehee), and all I know is that she is in capri pants and flip flops.  Not cool.

These next few days shall be filled with quick and easy dinners to make for the Padre, since he works in Manhattan and needs to take the LIRR every. freaking. day.  Poor guy.  These potatoes (or po-tay-toes, as he calls them) are a great side dish, super quick and take about 30 seconds prep time and 30 minutes baking time (35 if you want to be exact).


What you will need to serve 2:
  • 3 large Russet Potatoes (my rule is 1 per person plus 1 more)
  • Basil
  • Parsley
  • Garlic Powder
  • Oregano
  • Olive Oil for drizzling
  • 1/2 of a white onion
Preheat your oven to 350.














Rinse your potatoes and cut each into 1/2 inch pieces.  Place in a large bowl, and drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat the potatoes (I would start with 2 tablespoons and add as needed).  Sprinkle the potatoes with the basil, parsley, garlic powder, and oregano, and toss to evenly distribute to each potato.

Cut the onion into small slivers, add to the potatoes, and toss the mixture.

Spread evenly on a baking sheet, drizzle with some additional olive oil, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.

Serve immediately.

















Now if you will excuse me, I will be taking a blow torch to my driveway.


Xoxo

Jillian


No comments:

Post a Comment