Thursday, March 26, 2015

Turkey, Bean, and Spinach Soup

Hello Fraans!  I know that our soup days are winding down (yay!/noooo!), so I am taking every opportunity to make a batch of soup and curl up on the couch with the 'Flix.

Side Note: I just started House of Cards.  Not sure how I feel about it just yet.  I will say that Kevin Spacey is so creepy.  Maybe I'm just a baby because all I hear is that monotone serial killer voice from "Seven".  I deekay.

Back to tha soup!  We've got some scallions, carrots, ground turkey, cannellini beans and spinach.  Luuhvee <3


What you will need to serve 4:
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups of chopped carrots
  • 5 scallions, chopped
  • 48 oz., plus 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 package of ground turkey (about 1 lb)
  • 1 - 15oz. can of cannellini beans
  • 1 handful of spinach

Chop the scallions and carrots and set aside.

In a large frying pan, cook the ground turkey until no longer pink.  Once cooked, line a bowl with paper towel and transfer the turkey from the pan to the bowl to drain.  Set aside.


Drizzle olive oil into a large pot or dutch oven and heat for 30 seconds.  Add the carrots and scallions, and season with salt and pepper.  Cook the carrots and scallions over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.  

Add the chicken stock, cover the pot, and bring to a low simmer.  When the soup starts to simmer, add the turkey and stir to combine.  



Rinse the cannellini beans and add to the soup.  Add the spinach on top, then cover the pot to allow the steam to wilt the spinach, about 5 minutes.  Stir to combine, and serve immediately.



So delicious I nearly lost my head!  Get it?!?!?!?!

Forgive me.


Xoxo


Jillian










No comments:

Post a Comment