Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pasta Veggie Orgy Bowl

Boyfriend recently had a new Meat Farms open by his house and I am obsesseddddd.  It's so clean and filled with fresh veggies and bread and homemade things and ugh I can't get enough.  I make it my business so stop there on Sunday mornings before I go home so I can stock up on all the freshness for the week.  This past Sunday I went on a veggie binge.  Brussels Sprouts: Check! Asparagus: Check!  Inappropriately-sized Zucchinis: Check!

Veggies were going to be my best friends for the week because someone (#me) has been a little too indulgent lately, and bikini season is on the horizon, and this someone needs to start behaving herself.



I did a little veggie salad on Monday, some more veggies Tuesday, and by Wednesday I was needing some carbs.  I wanted Mac and Cheese.  And bacon. Extra cheese please.  But NO!  I gathered some self control and did NOT make Mac and Cheese.  Go me!  

Ladies and Gents, I have for you: PASTA AND VEGGIE ORGY BOWLS





What you will need to serve 5:
  • 2 cups of cooked pasta
  • 2 cups of cooked chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper)
  • Zucchini (1 large, quartered)
  • Shaved Brussels Sprouts (about 10 whole sprouts)
  • Asparagus (7 stalks, chopped in half)
  • Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a frying pan.  Set aside.

Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the box.  While it is cooking, chop your veggies, and saute in a large frying pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.

When the pasta is finished, add to a large bowl. Chop the chicken, and add to the pasta, along with the vegetables.

Serve immediately, and top with Parmesan cheese.  And bacon. 

JUST KIDDING!!!



Xoxo

Jillian








No comments:

Post a Comment