Monday, May 11, 2015

Chocolate Nutella Ice Cream

Need I say more?  Didn't think so.

Actually I do.  Remember this pic I posted over the weekend?  Ignore it.  Forget it happened.  Use that little pen thing that Will Smith had in Men In Black and erase it from your memory.

This originally started out as an attempt to make ice cream pops, but I couldn't get the pops out of the ice cube tray, and I ended up scooping the tray and dumping the contents into a loaf pan.  Good thing I also sort of planned for this and prepped a separate loaf pan and made it all pretty and stuff.


We had a little BBQ for Mommy's Day and let me tell youuuuuu - this ice cream was gone in 2.5 seconds.  #GoMe.

Ever since I found the recipe magicalness that is no-churn ice cream, I've been dying to try making something with my BFF, Nutella.  And here we are today.  Enjoy my friends.  And you're welcome ;)


What you will need to serve 10-14:
  • 2 cups of heavy cream
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 small jar of Nutella (you won't use the whole thing.......maybe)
In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.  Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and fold in to combine.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments.

Pour the melted chocolate into the whipped cream mixture and stir to combine.

Take 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of Nutella and pour into the mixture.  Stir using a rubber spatula, breaking up the Nutella as you go.  Once combined, pour into a loaf pan.  Next, I took a pastry bag, filled it with Nutella, and added some MORE onto the top of the ice cream mixture, but you can skip this if you want.

Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.

SERVE!!





Xoxox

Jillian














No comments:

Post a Comment