Thursday, May 7, 2015

Summertime Quesadillas

"Make yerself a dang quesa-dilla" is what I thought to myself when I got home yesterday.  I was starrrrved, and the sun was shining, and I had some lovely avocados waiting to be eaten, and I wanted to sit outside and eat dinner because SPRING!!



What made this quesadilla a success was the extra large tortillas shells I casually had laying around.  From there I cleared the fridge of any leftover veggies and chicken.  Flavorrrrr!!

What you will need for 1 quesadilla:
  • 1 large tortilla shell
  • Shredded cheddar cheese for sprinkling
  • 1 cup of cooked chicken, cut into small slices
  • 1/2 cup of red onion, chopped
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of corn
  • 1 avocado, sliced
Heat a large non-stick pan with a tablespoon of olive oil for about 1 minute.  Place the tortilla shell in the pan and sprinkle with a handful (or two) of the cheddar cheese.

Top with the chicken, onion, scallions, corn, and another handful of cheese.  When the bottom layer of cheese starts to melt, fold the tortilla in half.  Let the tortilla crisp up for a few minutes, then flip to brown the other side.

Move to your plate and top with the sliced avocados.




Yuuuum!  I love the combo of the onions/scallions with the cheese and chicken.  Oh yeah, and SUNLIGHT!!!

Enjoy lovers!!



Jillian




No comments:

Post a Comment