Monday, June 15, 2015

Hot Dog Cuban Sandwich

Happy Monday Errybody!  I hope your weekend was filled sunshine, booze, pools, and Orange is the New Black.  I'm 3 episodes in and it's nothing too crazy so far, but the ish is about to hit the fan *eeeek!*

I've totally been overloading on cheeseburgers and hot dogs and it did not help that this month's issue of Food Network Magazine had an entire section devoted to fancying up hot dogs.  It's not enough that there were guacamole hot dogs and French fry hot dogs, but they had a Cuban hot dog #dead.


I first fell in love with the Cuban sandwich in college.  There was a cute little cafe that had pastries, sandwiches and paninis, and they offered "The Cuban Cubano" panini.  It was amazinggg-aaaa.  One time I bought 2 because I knew I wouldn't be back in town for a few days and couldn't help myself.  Another time I ate half and left the other half at my friend's house.  It's still hard to talk about.  I'm sort of kidding.


I know that there are a few different ways to make this sammie, and here is mine!

To make one sandwich:

- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 slices of deli ham
- 3 thin slices of a pickle, halved
- 1 dollop of mustard
- 1 hot dog, cooked, then quartered lengthwise
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Butter
Open the hamburger bun and add the ham, pickle and cooked/sliced hot dog to one half of the bun.  On the other half spread on the mustard and add the mozzarella on top. Close the sandwich and butter the top of the bun.  


In a nonstick pan add about a tablespoon of butter, and heat the pan on medium.  When the butter is almost melted, add the sandwich to the pan, and cook until golden brown.  Flip the sandwich and cook the other side until golden brown and the cheese has melted.

Cut in half to serve!


Can't.  Get.  Enough.  

For me it's the combo of the mustard, pickles, and the ham and/or hot dog that gets me every time.  Yuuuuum!!



Jillian





No comments:

Post a Comment