Monday, June 1, 2015

Super Crispy Fried Egg

Like millions of people out there (you know who you are), I have a tendency to stalk people on Facebook and/or Instagram.  More recently I have stopped the stalkage of people and have graduated to stalking food establishments.  EggSlut of Los Angeles, CA is one of those places that I found on the Insta who posts pictures of their amazing looking egg sandwiches.  I dream of dragging Brian there one day ( a super casual trip, seeing how it's on the other side of the country) and going on an egg sandwich eating binge.  Then maybe going to one of those sauna places where people sweat out their life regrets.



Sunday morning I was crizaaving an egg sandwich, but due to my poor food choices in the last 48 hours (#burgersandhotdogsandpizzaohmy) I decided to go with a less regret inducing breakfast, a fried egg.  But not any kind of fried egg.  A super crunchy bubbly and gooey fried egg with some salsa on a whole wheat sandwich thin.  Wow that was a mouthful.  LITERALLY. Ok I'm done.

Let's just stop and discuss the salsa.  I got it from Shoprite (Stop and Shop also has their own version), and it consists of the basics: tomato, jalapeños, peppers, etc. etc.  It's got some juice, but just enough to keep it moist and not soak through everything.  I eat it with a spoon.  



Ok leggo!

For the egg, crack it into a small bowl and set aside- it'll be easier to add it to the frying pan.  

In a nonstick skillet, add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and turn the stove on medium high.  Let the oil heat up for a few minutes, but keep a close eye on the pan.  Once the oil starts to bubble, slowly pour in the egg.  Stand back in the event of oil splatter.  Let the egg fry up until the whites are cooked and the bottom and edges turn golden brown.

Toast your bread, and when the egg is done, carefully place it on your toast, and add in the salsaaaaa. 

I was so eggstatic when I ate this.  Talk about an eggselent breggfast.




If anyone has been to EggSlut please let me know and confirm that it is all it's cracked up (omg I'm on a roll) to be.  Thanks!!!



Jillian


No comments:

Post a Comment