Monday, June 22, 2015

Junk Food Cookies

Junk fooooood!! I made these cookies for my dad (and all the other dads) for Father's Day yesterday.  As I mentioned in my birthday cake post last week, my dad is alllll about the junk food, and since I already made him a cake filled with all of his favorite ish, I thought I'd make him some cookies with all of his favorite ish for Father's Day.  #Daughteroftheyear



I used a cookie base of boxed cake mix, butter, cream cheese, and an egg, and then I added the "junk food".  Warning: These cookies have a lot of chocolate in them, but who'd really complain about that?

Junk Food Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 box of chocolate cake mix 
1 egg
1 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
1 stick of butter at room temperature
2 mini packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
2 mini packages of Kit Kats
2 packages of mini M&Ms
Powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
**I bought the mini packages of Reese's and Kit Kats at 7-11, but they can also be found at Target :)


Preheat your oven to 325 Degrees.

Mix the room temperature cream cheese and butter together then add the egg and combine.  Add the cake mix and once combined, add the Reese's, Kit Kats and M&Ms.  Freeze the batter for 5-10 minutes.  

Cover your hands in a light layer of powdered sugar and roll out the cookies onto a lightly oiled sheet pan - if you have Pam, use that instead.

Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes.  Let cool, and set a few aside for yourself for later obv ;)






Chocolate in ya face!



Xoxo

Jillian 





No comments:

Post a Comment