Sunday, January 11, 2015

Baked Egg Cupcakes

Happy Sunday People!

Sundays are my favorite days because they are THE day to brunch (that's a verb, right?), laze around, drink endless cups of coffee, watch 16 hours of Netflix, order Chipotle (online of course.  Don't want to waste 1 millisecond on that line), and relax your mind for the week ahead.  I also use this day to Pinterest (another verb, if I recall correctly) and make an attempt to do some sort of meal prep for the week - whether that be mentally or culinarily (yes, I made that one up.  Don't judge me).

During the week I have the worst habit of not eating breakfast/using my extra large Dunkin coffee as both my morning pick-me-up and breakfast.  Then what usually happens is lunch comes around, and I am a ravenous animal whose hunger cannot be satiated.  I am trying to make more of an effort to make breakfast either the night before or prep for the week's breakfast on Sunday.  I usually like something solid, but not too heavy in the morning.  Eggs usually do the trick because they can be plain, or can be used as a base for an omelette or frittata.  Like everything else, I like something that can be easily put together.  Ladies and Gents.....

Baked Egg Cupcakes
Combining my love for eggs and cupcakes since 2015

What you will need for 6:

1) 1 cupcake pan
2) 6 cupcake liners
3) 6 eggs - 3 whole and 3 scrambled
4) Shredded Cheddar Cheese for sprinkling
5) 1 small handful of spinach for sprinkling
6) Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 325.

Line your cupcake pan with the liners and set aside.  In a small bowl, crack 3 of the eggs, whisk, and set aside.

Crack 1 whole egg into each of 3 of the cupcake liners.  Divide the scrambled eggs evenly into the remaining 3 liners.  Add salt and pepper to season.



Here is where you can do whatever your heart desires.  I like a little variety, so I added just cheese to 2 of the whole eggs and added only spinach to the remaining whole egg.  I then added spinach to 2 of the scrambled eggs, and just cheese to the other.

Carefully mix the cheese/spinach into each of the scrambled eggs.  For the whole eggs, I added a dash of olive oil on top of the spinach to keep it from getting crunchy in the oven.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes, or to your eggy preference.  Serve immediately or allow to cool and keep in a tupperware for up to 5 days.





Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday :)


Xoxo Jillian





No comments:

Post a Comment