Friday, January 30, 2015

Lazy Girl's Mac and Cheese

It's no secret that I like recipes that are quick and easy.  Sort of how I like my men.  JUST KIDDING!  All aboard the awkward train.

Let me start over.

During my grown-up snow day, I wanted Mac and Cheese.  Not the Kraft or Velveeta Mac and Cheese, but Mac and Cheese with actual cheese, and without the whole cheese sauce situation.  I know.  I am difficult.  I also do not sound very grown-up with my Mac and Cheese lunch request, now do I?  Does that come with a Happy Meal?  #No

Okay so this Mac and Cheese takes about 15-20 minutes to make, has 2 ingredients (3 if you count the second cheese), and can be adjusted to your liking.


Here is what you need to serve 1:
1) 2 cups of spiral pasta (I used Rotelle)
2) 2 different types of shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack and mozzarella) - used for sprinkling

Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the box, and drain.  Pour half of of the pasta into a bowl and sprinkle with both cheeses.  Add the second half of the pasta on top of the cheese, and sprinkle more cheese on top of that.  The amount of cheese depends on your preference.

Pop the bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or until the cheese is completely melted.  It should not take too long in the microwave since the heat of the pasta begins the melting process.

When the pasta is done in the microwave, mix to combine the cheese and pasta.  Stuff into your face.  Regret nothing.

That is quite possibly the laziest dish I have ever been a part of.  Aside from that time I spooned Nutella out of the jar and then spooned that same Nutella-filled spoon into the peanut butter jar.  Don't worry, I didn't double dip ;-)









2 comments: