Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sundried Tomato, Chicken and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese

Who doesn't love grilled cheese!?!

If you raised your hand, please hang up and try again.

I used to LIVE on grilled cheese sandwiches in college.  Add some bacon here, dip it in some guacamole there, add some freedom fries because I'm hungover and hate myself today - you know the deal.

As I've grown older (note: that doesn't necessarily mean I've grown UP) I still love my grilled cheese sandwiches, but they have become slightly more advanced.  I realize that grilled cheese is not the healthiest choice HOWEVER unhealthiness is cancelled out when the sandwich includes chicken or tomatoes...........right?  That's what I thought :)

Just a general recipe for a good grilled cheese sandwich:
-Thick bread
-Fresh cheese
How easy was that?

For this recipe I had a massive loaf of "Tuscan Bread" (not sure what makes bread Tuscan, but I'll be sure to ask Giada the next time I see her) leftover from a failed attempt at potato soup (sorry Boyfriend!), fresh sliced mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken, and a jar of sundried tomahhtoes. Honestly, my motivation behind this sandwich was to have an excuse to completely house this bread loaf.  Ask me if I'm sorry (spoiler alert: I'm not).



Here's whatcha need:

1) Butter 
2) 2 slices of Tuscan or other type of very thick bread
3) 6 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
4) 3/4 of a cup of sundried tomatoes
5) 1/2 cup of shredded chicken breast, cooked



Butter the bread in normal grilled cheese fashion and begin assembly.  Place 3 of the cheese slices down, top with the shredded chicken, add the sundried tomatoes, and top THAT with the final 3 cheese slices.



I used my panini press to let the sandwich toast up and the cheese melt - about 7 minutes.  If you don't have a panini press the stovetop works too!


Just look at that cheesey melty wonderfulness.

What is YOUR ideal grilled cheese sandwich?


Xoxo Jillian




No comments:

Post a Comment