Monday, January 19, 2015

Brussels Sprouts Salad with Chicken and Turkey Bacon

Good Day Friends!  How was your weekend?  Did you relax?  Did you not relax?  Did you stuff your face with slice and bake cookies and then go home and have pudding pie?  Oh that was just me? #awkward

I obviously need to make up for all of the crap-eating I did this weekend and I am SUUUPER excited about this recipe because I hate salad.  Like I would rather go hungry than eat salad.  Not really.  But you get what I'm saying.  I will only eat salad if it is piled with bacon, ranch dressing, cheese, and all of the things that will cancel out the salad part of the salad.  THIS, however, is a salad, but doesn't feel like a salad (in my opinion anyway).   We gots the Brussels Sprouts, turkey bacon (baby steps, people) and chicken.  

This may be my go-to salad until the end of time.  


What you will need for 1 serving:
1) 5 slices of turkey bacon
2) 13-15 Brussels Sprouts
3) 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
4) Salt and pepper
5) Olive Oil

Start by cooking the turkey bacon strips until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.  When finished, set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel or napkin to absorb the excess oil.

In a separate frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook through.  Once finished, set aside to allow the chicken to cool.

Wash the sprouts and pat dry.  Cut off the stems and remove the first leaf layer.  Thinly slice the sprouts lengthwise and place in a large bowl.


I am not a fan of dressing, so for this salad I mixed 2 tablespoons of olive oil with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and tossed with the sprouts.  I then chopped the bacon and chicken, and added to the sprouts.  Toss and enjoy!


Brussels Sprouts? Good.  Turkey Bacon? Good.  Chicken? Goooood.


I am in loooove.


Xoxo Jillian



No comments:

Post a Comment