Monday, April 20, 2015

Chicken Avo Lettuce Bowl

My legs saw the light of day this weekend.  And pretty it was not.  Has anyone else out there been blinded by their own paleness?  I was worried the reflection from the sun to my legs would harm overhead air traffic.  Not good.

Other than frying my retinas, t'was a pretty good weekend.  The parental unit were on vacation so we had the house all to ourselves.  Peace and quiet.  There was cooking, chillaxing, taking Grandma to IHOPing, and reading......ing.  I bought "The Girl on the Train" on Friday and finished it on Sunday afternoon.  Sooooooo good!!  Go out and get it!

Because I'm five
The inspo for today's post comes from Friday night when Boyfriend and I went to dinner at Hurricane Grill & Wings.  Yum!  I tried their chicken lettuce wraps, which were delish, and realized that hmmm maybe I should try that thing where people replace the bun/bread with lettuce.  PLUS ripe Avocados made their return to supermarket so there's that.


What you will need for 2 bowls:
  • 1 head of iceberg lettuce
  • Olive oil
  • 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts, chopped into cubes
  • 1 large clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sliced red onion
  • 2 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
  • Salt and pepper
  • Red pepper flakes
In a non-stick pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow to heat for about 30 seconds.  Add the cubed chicken, and season with salt and pepper.  When the chicken is halfway cooked, add the minced garlic and stir to combine.  Once chicken is cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside.


Remove the core of the head of lettuce and peel away the first few layers.  Pile two lettuce layers on top of each other to form the "bowl".  Add the chicken, onion and avocado.  Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top for a little extra kick and color.

Eat!

The first bowl I cut up with a fork and knife, but the second bowl I just rolled up and ate like a taquito!  Nom!



Xoxo

Jillian












No comments:

Post a Comment