Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hot Pockets!

I hope you read that title as is should be read.  HOT POCKETS!!

That's what I kept singing while I was making these babies.  Much to Boyfriend's chagrin joy (<-- because he loves the sound of my voice, duh!).

For Christmas (of 2014, that is) Boyfriend said that we could take a cooking class at Sur La Table and we finally did it this past weekend!  Yes, I know that it is almost Christmas of 2015, but I couldn't decideeee what I wanted to doooo.  I finally decided on one of their "Date Night" classes, where we made an endive salad with gorgonzola cheese (freaking drool everywhere), steak with compound butter (extra raw obvi), a potato hot pocket thing (the sort-of inspo for this post), and mini chocolate molten cakes for dessert (I'll have 4 please).  It was so much fun and I highly recommend dragging your significant other kicking and screaming taking one!

I wanted to make mini Hot Pockets because a) I wasn't feeling making something super fancy for dinner and b) I wanted to use my new favorite baking tool - ze puff pastry.  During our class we cut up some onion, potato, parmesan cheese, and chives, sauteed the ish out of them, and made puff pastry pockets.  Soooooo gooood!

Oh yeah - and I wanted pizza.

Now, this recipe is not at it's full potential, but I did want to share it with you because I feel with a little twerking tweaking it could be ah-maze-ing-a.




What you will need for 4 pockets:
  • 1 box of puff pastry, thawed
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Pepperoni
  • Marinara sauce 
  • 1 egg, whisked - to be used for egg wash

Set the oven to 430 degrees (Yes, that is correct.  Those were the instructions on the box #wellokthen).

Thaw the puff pastry as per the package instructions.


Cut each sheet of puff pastry in half, width-wise.  
Note:  This is how Boyfriend did it and his came out huge.  I was being difficult and wanted to do it my way (cutting the pastry into 3 pieces width-wise), which resulted in smaller, not-as-stuffed-pockets.  Boyfriend:1  Me:0

Place the cheese, pepperoni, and sauce on one end of the pastry, then, using a pastry brush, paint the edges with the egg wash.  Fold over and press down the edges with a fork.  Bake for about 5-8 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven - they can burn quickly!!





So crispy, but unfortunately not as stuffed.  I should listen to Boyfriend more often.

JUST KIDDING!!!



Xoxo

Jillian
















No comments:

Post a Comment